What We Are Doing To Keep You and Our Team Safe
To All Our Valued Patients,
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! As we are slowly opening our office, we wanted to share some updates that you may experience at your next appointment. Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes. First, you will be contacted 24-48 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on increased infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Screening of all patients on the day of their appointment with the same health-related questions, in addition to taking patients temperatures and oxygenation levels.
- We are also taking and recording the temperature of team members at the beginning of each day. If a team member presents with an elevated temperature, they will be asked to go home.
- For essential caregivers and parents of minors that cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office, we kindly request that you maintain distancing in the reception area.
- We have removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind (sadly this temporarily includes the treasure chest - sorry kids!). Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- We ask all patients to wear a mask upon entering and exiting the office.
- Sneeze guards/droplet barriers are now positioned in the reception area.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- If possible, please make payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Ambient air management with medical grade HEPA 13 air filtration units running continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- New personal protection equipment like face shields, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Enhanced nightly operatory disinfection procedures with fogging devices to access hard to reach places.
- Longer appointment times will be scheduled to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner. We do ask for your patience and understanding as we re-work the schedule to accommodate this extra time needed for appointments that are already scheduled.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe. To make an appointment please call our office at 262-567-0470 or visit our online appointments page.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Matt, Dr. Allison, Dr. Malak, and the Team at Summit Dental Excellence